| Special Education Section
One: Description of organization and services
(1) Description of organization
- The Special Education Section is in charge
of special education (gifted category, disabled category) and early childhood
human resources: One section chief, two officers, three contract staffs.
Special Education Resource Center is established in Chongwen Elementary School as
a subsidiary in the form of a task force.
- Organize textbooks for disabled students,
transportation (fees), tuition fees, tuition material/equipment subsidies, tuition fees for low income children,
free tuition fee subsidy for 5 year-old children etc.
- Organize identification,
placement and consultation committee, advisory committee and expert teams for special
- Organize special education
and children education advanced studies and research etc.
- Organize special education reporting
system, transition service, statistics and annual reports, publications,
achievement albums, manuals, promotional materials.
- Organize talent and skill
performance competitions, education and entertainment activities, educational
equipment/material exhibitions, etc.
- Organize the preparation and
legal registration of kindergartens, after school care and education,
afterschool nursing, after school care class for disabled students, etc.
- Organize special education, children’s
education assessment, visits, public safety inspections, etc.
- Organize other and
Two: Important Achievements (2006~2010)
(1) In 2008, a self-sufficient special education class
was established in Minsheng Junior High School and a disabled resource class
was established in Yuren Elementary School.
(2) In 2009, a preschool special
education touring class was established (Chongwen Elementary School), as well
as a resource class (Jiabei Elementary School). In addition, a non-category
resource touring class was established in Yushan Junior High School.
(3) In 2009, the preschool
preparation class was established (Jiabei and Chongwen Elementary School)
(4) Personally award a scholarship
(54 candidates for an academic year) and education compensation (NT$3,500 per month for home education,
NT$6,000 maximum for social welfare institutions). Enter homes to understand
problems and provide students with an opportunity for success.
(5) Formulate key points for
subsidizing outstanding disabled students from elementary schools and junior high
schools in Chiayi City to participate in overseas art talent and skill
performance competitions. The transportation fees and accommodation fees of
each team or individual students traveling abroad are subsidized.
(6) Staring from 2007,
afterschool care class services are organized for disabled students from
elementary schools or junior high schools; by providing disabled students with
venues for afterschool activities, parents may seek employment with peace of
(7) Replacing old disabled student transportation
- In 2006, one old disabled
student transportation vehicle was replaced (Chongwen Elementary School).
- In 2008, two old disabled
student transportation vehicles were replaced (one each for Jiabei and Linsen
- In 2009, two old disabled
student transportation vehicles were replaced (one each for Beixing Junior High
School and Chuiyang Elementary School).
(8) Subsidized bowls equipment at five schools (Minsheng, Jiabei,
Linsen, Chuiyang and Datong)
Three: Expected Working Targets
- Children with various kinds of special education needs may
receive adequate education to develop their potential.
- Enhance teachers’ service enthusiasm and strengthen the care of
- Enhance facilities and tuition performance.
- Enhance the quality of children’s education.